(January 1, 2023 – December 31, 2027)
This Multi-Year Accessibility Plan (the “Plan”) is for Export Packers Company Limited (“Export Packers”). This Plan and our Accessibility Policy outline our commitment and strategy to improve accessibility for individuals with disabilities and to meet the accessibility requirements under the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”). Our Accessibility Policy and this Plan are available on our website and can be provided in accessible format, upon request.
Statement of Commitment
Export Packers is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible environment for all persons with disabilities in a manner which takes into account the person’s disability and represents the principles of integrity and equal opportunity. We will meet the requirements of all existing legislation and comply with all standards required by the AODA, Ontario Human Rights Code and Ontario Employment Standards Act.
The Human Resources and Leadership Team at Export Packers will be responsible for ensuring that Export Packers implements the obligations contained in this Plan
Accessible Customer Service Standard
Export Packers is committed to serving our customers in a manner that respects the dignity, and independence of all of our customers and visitors. We remain committed to complying with the Accessible Customer Service Standard and our Accessibility Policy and will review our Accessibility Policy on an ongoing basis for any required changes in order to promote accessibility within our customer service operations.
The following measures have been implemented by Export Packers
- Notice is provided to customers and visitors with self-disclosed disabilities in the event of a disruption to services or office facilities. Where possible, we will include the reason for the disruption, anticipated length of the disruption and a description of alternative facilities or services.
- We permit the use of assistive devices, and provide staff with appropriate training on the use of assistive devices, by people with disabilities so that they can gain, utilize, and benefit from Export Packers’ goods and services.
- Where an individual with a disability is accompanied by a support person or service animal, both are accommodated and provided equal access to our goods and services and are allowed in areas opened to the public and other third parties except where expressly prohibited by applicable law.
- We provide a mechanism for customer feedback on the effectiveness of our disability accommodations and any complaints.
Information and Communication Standard
Export Packers is committed to meeting the communication needs of individuals with disabilities.
- The provision of accessible formats and communication supports to persons with disabilities will be done in a timely manner, and upon request, taking into account the individual’s accessibility needs, and at no extra cost.
- All content on the Export Packers external website conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guides (“WCAG”) 2.0, Level AA.
- Compliance with AODA protocols is incorporated into the selection criteria for website initiatives.
Export Packers is committed to accessible employment practices and to removing any barriers that prevent or hinder the recruitment, retention and career development of employees with disabilities.
- If an employee is absent from work due to disability and requires accommodation in order to return to work, we develop an individual accommodation plan for that individual.
- Information is posted during the recruitment and selection process about the availability of accommodation for job applicants with disabilities.
- Job applicants who are selected for an interview are informed that accommodations are available, upon request, in relation to the materials or processes being used.
- If an employee or new hire with a disability makes a request for accommodation, we consult with the individual and determine the provision or arrangement of suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to a disability and Export Packers’ ability to deliver.
- Current employees and new hires are informed of policies used to support employees with disabilities.
- When providing performance management information or career development information to an employee with a disability, we take into account the accessibility needs of the employee and as applicable, individual accommodation plans.
- Upon request, Export Packers consults with the employee to provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats or communication supports for information that is needed in order to perform the job, and information that is generally available to employees in the workplace.
Accessible Emergency Information
Export Packers is committed to providing customers and other third parties with any publicly available emergency information in an accessible manner, upon request. We will also provide employees with disabilities with individualized emergency response information where necessary, in accordance with AODA. Export Packers takes steps to determine whether employees require individualized emergency response information as part of our on-boarding process for new employees and our continuing occupational health and safety planning.
Export Packers provides training to all employees regarding the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it pertains to individuals with disabilities as required by AODA. Training will be provided as part of the new hire orientation process and in a way that best suits the duties of the employee and will be refreshed where there are changes to the policies. Training will take place as soon as is practicable and a record will be maintained of the training provided and to whom.
Following a review of our operations, it has been determined that Export Packers does not maintain kiosks other than the visitor sign in kiosk. Training is provided to the receptionist on accommodating individuals with disabilities when utilizing such kiosk.
To the extent that kiosks are acquired in the future, Export Packers will consider accessibility issues at that time.
Modification of This Plan
This Plan will be reviewed and updated by Export Packers at least every five years. At the time of revision, information regarding any new accessibility policies and practices adopted by Export Packers in accordance with the Plan or otherwise will be included in the revised Plan.
For more information regarding the Plan, please contact:
Address: 107 Walker Drive, Brampton, ON L6T 5K5; Attn: Legal
Last Revision Date: January 1, 2023